Friday 27 April 2007

Walsall (away) and a brief look back at Shrewsbury and the inside of my mind.

Well, one point from the Bescott tomorrow and our Football League status is safe! It's 3 wins on the bounce now, and the lads must be full of confidence going into tomorrow's game.

I thought that we'd beat Shrewsbury, and I feel that we can beat Walsall as well. I'm not as confident though as Bury beat them last weekend, but still, if we go out there and play like we are capable of, then we are more than capable of brushing them aside.

I was so jealous on Tuesday evening, the Wrexham fans went wild when Michael Proctor smashed the ball off the underside of the cross bar into the back of the net, and the scenes at the final whistle almost brought a tear to my eye.

So tomorrow, there's a possibility that I'm going to leave the commentating to the ever professional Mr. Griffiths and join the Wrexham fans in the away end. It's been a couple of seasons since I watched Wrexham from the terraces rather than the press box, and Tuesday night was the first real time that I felt left out of the celebrations, and Rich Williams from the Evening Leader said the same thing, before and after the match! I did give out a little yelp (for want of a better description) on Tuesday night, and I did jump to my feet (much to the displeasure of the Shrewsbury directors the row in front of me), but then so did the Radio Wales commentators! My Dad told me that he was listening to Radio Wales on the way home from work, and when Proctor scored the winner, the commentators on Radio Wales didn't have a clue who scored, because of the celebrating they were doing!! Happy days!

Fear not though, I will be returning to the mic for the Boston game! I've come to enjoy the work I do with Mark, it's a great honour for me to help Mark provide this service (and even more of an honour that he asked me back after my first attempt!!). I had a shocker on Tuesday night, I can admit that, my head wasn't on the job at all, plus the fact that I held the lip mic too far away didn't help matters! I'm really enjoying the other media work that we're doing (if you can call it that!) such as the podcasts, the vlog and this very blog!

So back to tomorrow's game, I'm predicting a 2-1 win, with Danny Williams and Michael Proctor to score, accompanied by a passionate performance from the lads. One thing that I'm not impressed with though, is the £18 to get in!!

C'mon the town!

Rich

No comments: